Friday, January 31, 2014

DAY 189 - COUNTING DOWN TO THE 50TH

GOOD MORNING, CLASS OF '64
 
This cloudy morning rests quietly on the earth's layer of white. As January serenely slips away, winter's picture postcard still clings to the mountains. How soon it's stamped and mailed won't depend on the calendar. Winter could pack in a hurry with warmer February days or linger past it's time with snow into spring. The itch to be long past the cold and snow is vexing. But our years are long and time grows short. We will wait. Years ago, we were warned about wishing our life away. 

 ***
Don and Phil dreamed their life away. Phil died in 2013:

I can make you mine
Taste your lips of wine
Anytime night or day
Only trouble is
Gee whiz
I'm dreamin' my life away

***
Johnny Burnett did some dreaming, too. He died in 1964 from a boating accident:
 
 Well, I'll keep on dreamin'
Keep right on dreamin'
Dreamin' till my dreamin' comes true
  ***
 Bobby Darin had a dream lover. Sandra Dee? They are both gone, now.
Every night I hope and pray
A dream lover will come my way

 *** 
Gene Pitney wanted to love his life away. He's been gone since 2006:
 Yeah, I want to
Love my life away

I wanna love my life away
I wanna love, love, love
Love my life away with you

   ***



No comments:

Post a Comment