Friday, April 4, 2014

DAY 127 - COUNTING DOWN TO THE 50TH

GOOD MORNING, CLASS OF '64
The Happy Family - Ferdinand Georg Waldmuller
Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring

There's a story told of a very gentle boy
And the girl who wore his ring
Through the wintery snow
The world they knew was warm
For their hearts were full of spring

As the days grew old
And the nights passed into time
And the weeks and years took wing
Gentle boy, tender girl
Their love remained still young
For their hearts were full of spring

Then one day they died
And their graves were side by side
On a hill where robins sing
And they say violets
Grow there the whole year round
For their hearts were full of spring


Spring Couple in Love - Karen Tarleton

This is your story. 
It is a story that circles the globe 
at every latitude and longitude where people exist. 
It is told in every country, on every continent. 
Every household, every family tells and retells 
this story from one generation to the next. 
There's no end to the story and no stopping it. 
It is a good story. Who would want to?

As your days grow old and 
your nights pass into time and
your days and weeks take wing,
may your world be warm
and your heart full of spring.

Old Couple - Batosail

Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring
(The same man who wrote this song
wrote about getting your kicks on Route 66.)
1958 original version of this song
Written by Bobby Troup
Inspired the Four Freshmen
and the Beach Boys
Bobby Troup - 1958
 
 Their Hearts Were Full of Spring
The Beach Boys - 1966
a cappella
on the 
Andy Williams Show
Their Hearts Were Full of Spring
a cappella
The Four Freshmen - 1950s

I will love you always...
When your face is full of the lines 
of every smile you have ever smiled, 
of every surprise I have seen 
flash through your eyes, 
when every tear you have ever cried
 has left its mark upon your face,
I will treasure you all the more, 
because I was there to see it all.
 Ritu Ghatourey

Old Couple - Joan Breckwoldt
 
Grow Old Along With Me
 John Lennon
1980
based on a poem 
by Robert Browning

  Grow old along with me
The best is yet to be
When our time has come
We will be as one
God bless our love
God bless our love
 
Grow old along with me
Two branches of one tree
Face the setting sun
When the day is done
God bless our love
God bless our love 
Spending our lives together
Man and wife together
World without end
World without end
 
Grow old along with me
Whatever fate decrees
We will see it through
For our love is true
God bless our love
God bless our love

Grow old along with me
Mary Chapin Carpenter - 1995

Will you love me in December as you do in May, 
Will you love me in the good old fashioned way? 
When my hair has all turned gray, 
Will you kiss me then and say, 
That you love me in December 
as you do in May?
 James Walker

Old Couple - Melilysa
From Rabbi Ben Ezra

Robert Browning

Grow old along with me! 
The best is yet to be, the last of life, 
 for which the first was made. 
Our times are in his hand who saith, 
'A whole I planned, youth shows but half; 
Trust God: See all, nor be afraid!
Robert Browning

Grandparents - Susanne Marie Leclair
I don't want someone who promises me the world, 
I want someone to sit on the porch with me 
and watch it go by as we grow old together.
 Tammi Post

Cute Old Couple Drawing - Danijelg
Tell Me you love me. 
Tell me I'm beautiful. 
Tell me we'll grow old together.. 
In sickness, and in health. 
Tell me that I'm still the one. 
That you need me. 
That I'm your superhero. 
Tell me you'll never let me go. 
Tell me you miss me. ... 
That's all I need.
 Hallmark Quote

Old Couple
True love isn't Romeo and Juliet 
who died together. 
It's Grandma and Grandpa 
who grew old together.
 Unknown

Old Couple - Norman Long

The love we have in our youth 
is superficial compared to the 
love that an old man has 
for his old wife. 
 Will Durant

      

POLL
Their Hearts Were Full of Spring
  • The song is better with instruments.

  • The song is better a cappella.

  • The song is good with instruments and a cappella.

  • The song is no good with instruments or a cappella.
 (The poll is in the sidebar 
to the right of your screen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment